Dr. Nasim Ahmed underwent Internal Medicine
Residency training at the Coney Island Hospital, Brooklyn,
New York. He was trained in Gastroenterology at
University of Mississippi. He has been in private
practice in all aspects of gastrointestinal diseases for
the past 30 years.
Dr. Ahmed has extensive experience in performing upper endoscopy, colonoscopy , percutaneous gastrostomy tube placement, diagnostic and therapeutic ERCP. Dr. Ahmed's special interests are in the diseases of biliary system and inflammatory bowel disease.
Dr. Ahmed has been involved in teaching the medical residents at Orlando Regional Medical Center for the past 10 years. He was the chairman of department of Gastroenterology at Florida Hospital for 5 years. He has teaching assignment at UCF as Assistant Professor of Medicine. Dr. Ahmed was awarded the best teacher of the year at ORMC for the year 2011.
- King Edward Medical School, Lahore Pakistan MBBS 07/1970
Internship & Residency
- Coney Island Hospital, Brooklyn NY 07/1973 - 06/1977
- University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson MS 07/1977 - 06/1979
- Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine 06/1977
- Diplomate American Board of Gastroenterology 06/1979
- State of West Virginia
- State of Florida
- Chief Resident, Coney Island Hospital Brooklyn, NY 07/1976 - 06/1977.
- Instructor for 3rd year and 4th year Medical Students 07/1977 - 06/1979.
Selected by Board
of Internal Medicine to submit multiple-choice
questions for GI Board
Exams (All of which accepted by the Board).
Selected by Board of
Internal Medicine again to review questions for GI
Certification and Recertification.
- Chairman of Education Committee, PCH, Princeton West Virginia 1982-1984.
- Chairman of Credential Committee, PCH, Princeton West Virginia 1987-1990.
- Chairman Department of Medicine, PCH, Princeton West Virginia 1987-1992.
Chairman of Pharmacy
and Therapeutics Committee PCH, Princeton, West
- Relocated to Orlando, Florida 07/2001.
- Started practice in Gastroenterology in 10/2001-Present.
Active privileges at ORHS, Florida Hospital and
Health Central Hospital since
Chairman Department of Gastroenterology Florida
Hospital System, which has 5
- Teaching rotation at Orlando Health for one month every year since 2002.
- Given several lectures on various GI topics to residents and medical staff over the years.
- Preceptor for the Medical Students from UCF Medical School.
- Fellow American College of Gastroenterology
- Fellow American College of Physicians.
Clinical Practice and Accomplishments
- Private practice as a Gastroenterologist in Princeton, West Virginia since 08/1979, before relocating to Orlando, Florida in 07/2001-Present.
- Upper Endoscopy:
Diagnostic and Therapeutics for peptic ulcer disease
hemorrhage by YAG Laser/Bicap.
- Esophageal dilation of both benign and malignant stricture.
- Banding and sclerosis of esophageal varices.
- Removal of foreign body esophagus.
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic ERCP. Removal of common duct stones.
- Insertion of Plastic and Metal stents.
- Liver Biopsy.
- Colonoscopy with Polypectomy.
- Colonoscopy with control of hemorrhage.
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy.
- Botox injection for treatment of Achalasia.
- Photodynamic therapy for Barrett Esophagitis.